Friday 22 July 2011

Week 7 - Occupations & Professions

Welcome to week 7! Josie & Steph here! We both had the same brainwave on the theme this week. 
As the 7/7 anniversary has just past and 9/11 anniversary is very close, I wanted to dedicate this weeks challenge to the peeps in the emergency services. Police, Fire Brigade, Forensics, Paramedics, Nurses, Doctors. But not just those people were affected those days. The tube workers, bus drivers, city workers, controllers who took those emotional phone calls, the people who cleaned up after it all. It affected us all no matter who we are, where we were, what we do. 
So lets celebrate our "Occupations & Professions" what ever they may be. Teachers, air stewards, cab drivers, chefs you name it we want to see it!! Hope you enjoy this weeks theme, I cant wait to see your projects! ~Josie xx

Just before we get to our sponsor Id like to announce last weeks winners of the *UNDER THE SEA* challenge. And they are in order as follows

2. Joy
6. Ali
9. Sarah

Congratulations girls. Please contact Steph on PepperyApple@hotmail.co.uk to recieve your prize and badges.

Our amazing sponsor this week is The Cutting Cafe 
Take a look at their amazing online store, they have so many amazing digis and much more!


****
Here are the DT's projects this week...

Josie: My choice was obvious, well, to anyone who knows me they would probably guess this as my choice! I asked the lovely Jacqui M to design me one of her fab poodlesdoodles characters, in the form of a little policeman. I squealed when I saw it, It's brilliant! I coloured my little Pc "Nick" with Pro Markers, mounted him on to some rainbow miri card and black card. I then matted and layered some black and white check paper on to the card. I added some great American Crafts glittery chipboard letters on to say "Top Cop". I found the little handcuff keyring on eBay some time ago, and it is absolutely perfect for the card. Hope you like it.



Steph: I used the 'Mrs Davies' image by one of our other sponsors, the lovely Poodles Doodles. I coloured her in with Promarkers and mounted her onto a backing topper by Poodles Doodles which was also coloured with promarkers. I tied a blue ribbon around the side of the card and tied it to a knot. I added the smaller topper and attached the globe with a 3D foam pad and added the butterflies.



Using one of the fab backgrounds from this week's lovely sponsor, my card represents all the great Posties who bring us mail of all kinds throughout the seasons.  Having spent quite a few hours this week delivering hundreds of Yellow Pages around the local villages, I have some empathy with them!!  Snapping dogs, drizzly rain, soggy grassy paths, fights with overgrown bushes, searching for houses with no names - we endured it all!
I have used various stamps on the tag, including Joanna Sheen Village Life; Crafty Individuals postmarks; Creative Expressions crackle background; and Dovecraft snail.  I've added Glossy Accents to the postbox and snail shell, and used Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to edge the background paper and tag.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The seam binding is from Stampin' Up! and the little peg is from my stash.



Jacqui M: I used Lil Mechanic from my store Poodles Digi Doodles. I coloured him with Promarkers as always, the DP's are from the Ledger Pad from Making Memories. I also used Blue and Black cardstock from my stash. The sentiment was from a Woodware Clear Stamp Set " Circular Greetings".




Shelby:  Thanks for stopping by today!  I used Ernie the Carpenter from Bonibleaux Designs (Dude time doodles).  The sentiment is also from Bonibleaux.  I used my second spouse, copics, to color him up and paired him with Creative Imagination paper called Be a Man.  I was trying out some of my new distressing stain in peeled paint to ink around the edges.  Can't wait to see what ya'll create this week!


Jacqui H: I used a sheet from crafters companion male occupations (ta friends cd, thanks Norma). Used a 7 gypsies paper to look like invoices or job sheets. And added peel off words.




****


****






3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thrilled to be in your top 3, thanks so much! Looking forward to joining you again this week.....perfect theme too! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for picking me in the top 3 again! I'll see what I can find to enter this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects ladies....thanks for allowing the cafe to sponsor your site this week....hugs

    ReplyDelete