Friday 24 June 2011

Week 3 Challenge - Handbags & Gladrags

Hello everyone, Helen here.  Welcome to our third challenge!  Thank you so much for all of your wonderful creations last week - I think it's fair to say we've all been blown away by your support - long may it continue!

I just quickly want to announce the winners of last weeks *Male/Father's Day* challenge.

Our Winner is #7. KraftyKaren
and our runner ups are #21 Donna
and #34. Shelby
 Congratulations you clever crafters. Email Steph at pepperyapple@hotmail.co.uk to collect your prize and badges.

This week's challenge theme came to me when I was listening to my idol, Rod Stewart.  I was lucky enough to hear both Rod and Stereophonics sing this song at Glastonbury.  So, come on, let's see your finest 'Handbags & Gladrags' creations!

The lucky winner will receive a Digi Stamp prize from the fabulous Poodles Doodles




Here are our Design Team projects!

Helen: My card has been created using Kanban's Frou Frou kit.  I've used a base card from the kit and added a decoupaged image to match.  The flower is hand made by punching out eight pieces of black lacy paper from the kit, using a scallop punch, and joining them together with a jewel brad. 
The foliage has been die-cut using black mirri card and the Little Leaves Sizzlits die from Stampin' Up!  I've then added a hand written sentiment and edged this with very fine glitter.



Stephanie-EmmaI couldn't resist using this cute little stamp from Lili of the Valley for this challenge!  I decided to make a stepper card.  I used papers from Craftwork Cards and coloured the stamp with Kuretake Zig art and graphic pens.  I finished it off with some peel offs, ribbon, a punched strip of flowers, some gems and some candies.





Jacqui H: started by playing with a chipboard handbag and covering it in a floral paper. I embossed the area where the handle would attach with gold powder to mimic brass clasps. I highlighted some flowers with stickles and disstress stickles. I then used glossy accents to pick out some of the dots.
I stamped the border with KanBan clear stamps and coloured the images with watercolour pencils, I then washed the background of the border with the greens from "spice" Big n Juicy. I mounted them onto an 8X8 card using a tonal backing paper behind.



Steph:  used a handbag card and coloured a die cut flourish with ProMarker. Added "Lotty" from the Poodles Doodles range which was also coloured in Promarkers. I used Candi on the handle and mulberry flowers to the flourish with Candi on the inserts. I added a Hunky Dory sentiment and stickles to finish off.



Josie: For this theme I used the lovely Lili of the Valley stamp, I then coloured with Pro Markers. The card is backed with the lovely Pinflair gingham and polkadots double sided card. Backed on to my fave self adhesive glitter film and then added some ribbon, gems, flowers and a craftworks cards sentiment, which is also coloured with Pro Markers! 




Jacqui M: I used one of the sassy Kenny K images for this challenge, quite different from my usual cute style. I coloured her with Promarkers as usual lol. The DP's are the Beautiful and totally Scrumptious Tim Holtz  Vintage Shabby Paper Stash, I used self adhesive pearls and gems, and the border punch is by the one and only Martha Stewart.





****
*Please check out the rules on the side bar. Not to be entered in to more than 10 challenges and please link back to us! :) Thanks crafty peeps!*
Thank you all for your lovely comments! :)
****


4 comments:

  1. Another great challenge! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card from yourself Shelby! Thanks for entering again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge ladies. Enjoyed coming up with this weeks design. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. "handbags" what a great theme - thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete