Friday 10 June 2011

Week 1 Challenge - Glitz & Glamour

Hello all, Josie here! Welcome to the first Glitter Geeks Challenge!! We are all very excited and can not wait to see all of your wonderful creations! Please spread the word and get all your friends crafting with us!


We're proud to announce our fabulous sponsor for our launch is none other than Joanna Sheen herself.



In celebration of our launch she is very kindly giving the winner of our challenge a
£30 Voucher
to spend on her online store. How amazing is that??


Now on to our theme for this week! To celebrate the launch of Glitter Geeks, we want to see all that shines and shimmers on your creations! So our theme will be:
*GLITZ & GLAMOUR*
(Your creation doesn't have to be a card, it can be anything as long as it ties in with the theme.
Please check the rules on the sidebar! And remember to have LOTS of fun!)
And to help you crafters with some inspiration, here are some creations by our lovely design team.

Josie:  As Joanna Sheen is our lovely sponsor this week, I decided to use one of her products! I used a House Mouse stamp. I coloured the image with pro markers, added some glitter by using star dust pens on the shells and the sea and used glossy accents over the top. The backing paper is Basic Grey. I added glitter card, flowers and gems! As the weather is fairly warm at the moment, I had to use the image and colours that symbolise a lovely holiday.





Steph: I have gone for an image by Kenny K coloured with Promarkers and glammed up her outfit with stickles. Attached onto glitter card and mounted over blue card from my stash with a ribbon tied to a bow. I coloured and glittered up some flowers and used glittered Candi on the insides. Added a HunkyDory sentiment and gems to finish.




Jacqui H: This card just screamed glitz and bling so that's what I did.  I used a stepper card as the base. Debbi Moore Art Deco papers, I cut the elements I wanted to use from one sheet. It just so happens it's the one that's my favourite colour, purple. I glittered her head dress and dress with Diamond Sparkle glitter. I put gems around the border and onto her dress then left it to dry. I backed the stepper card with co-ordinating mirri card, and edged with peel off's, then popped on my main image and sentiment.




Helen: I chose some paper from Craftwork Cards that already had the words 'Glitz' and 'Glamour' as my base, and layered this onto silver mirri card. I have chosen one of my favourite stamps, Beaded Bodice from the Couture Collection by Stampendous, and using Versamark ink and Black Glint WOW embossing powder by Sheena I've heat embossed the image onto cream cardstock and matted onto black cardstock.
For the flower, I've used the Bigz L Fun Flowers die from Stampin' Up! and added some black marabou feathers, a hat pin from Wild Orchid Crafts, and a black gem for the flower centre. The whole card has then been mounted onto black card.







Jacqui M: I have used a new digi for my first DT card, this is Miss Diva. She just had to be glittered lol, especially those glasses and that bow in her hair. I coloured her with the trusty old Promarkers, and just had to use the wonderful pink glitter card with her, for added bling I used some self adheshive gems. Thought the little sentiment was just apt for her lol.




Stephanie-EmmaI wanted to come up with something very glitzy and with lots of glitter as this is the first glitter geeks challenge!  I have used an image from The Poodles Digi Doodles 'Princess Penelope' - I think she looks quite glamorous!  I have coloured Princess Penelop's hair and skin with promarkers and painted her clothes with cosmic shimmer.  I also painted the card candies with cosmic shimmer to match her gown.  Princess Penelope is stuck to the pink glitter foam using an 'action wobble' and then this has then been mounted onto silver glitter card.  I have finished off the card with flat back gems all around the edge.





You've seen them all now, lets see what you can show us!!!
____________________________________________________


7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone - please can I have some help? I've linked my post on here (I think!) but how do I create a link on my blog to here. I've copied the http above and posted that in with my post but it doesn't create a direct link. Not sure how to do it! Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries I've managed to post your badge and link back to your blog! Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe, no probs! I only figured it out a while ago! LOL...
    When you are typing your post, where you can change font, theres a little blue *link*. Click that and then you can add the blog address!
    Hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Josie - think I'm getting hanging of it all now. Longs you could find my card that's the main thing! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry guys, I had trouble linking up, so here is my card, hope it;s ok to do this, blogger has been a bit special these last couple of weeks. Great new challenge, lots of luck and lots of followers, blessings Hilde
    http://happyglitzygirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenges-see-post-for-more-details_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous DT cards & Thanks for a fabbie challenge :D
    hugs and xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know why my name isn't under my picture not surprised tho I never manage to link things correctly first time. Had great fun making that, thanks girls :o)Mel

    ReplyDelete