Friday 8 July 2011

Week 5 Challenge - Tea Party

Hi everyone, Jacqui M here, this week its my turn to set the challenge and I decided on the scrumptious theme of
*TEA PARTY*
So come on lets see those cakes, tea, buntings etc and join in the fun... who knows... it could be you winning the fantastic prize on offer this week.


Just a to announce our winners of last weeks SPEED challenge are as follows in order

#2 Krafty Karen
#6 Juel Marie
#8 Sarah


Congratulations guys. Please contact Steph on pepperyapple@hotmail.co.uk to collect your badges and prizes.
Our Sponsor this week is the fabulous
Polkadoodles




and Nikky has offered our winner the prize of the CD Rom *Double Sprinkles of Kraft*


I'm sure this is a prize that one of you really woild love to get your hands on. So lets see your creations and get them entered. Not sure what to do?..... here are this weeks Design Team projects to give you a little inspiration!
Jacqui M: I used the totally Scrumptious DP from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stash, my trusty Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties. My image is one of my hand drawn digi stamps, the strawberry stamp and Sentiment stamp are  Whiff Of Joy images. I used Promarkers to colour the images and a Martha Stewart Edge Punch to create the border strip. The handmade flower was created by scrunching scalloped circle Nestie shapes.



Steph: I have chosen to use the "Teacup Template" that is available to download at Polkadoodles. I coloured it with promarkers and layered it up with 3D foam pads. I used stickles to glitter it up and coloured plain white satin ribbon and white mulberry flower with promarkers. I added the flower and ribbon and added candi to the middle of the flower. The sentiment was something from my old stash box.



Josie: Well as it's the super-duper Polkadoodles sponsoring us this week, I had to use the Alice stamps and CD ROM for this theme! The mad hatters tea party!! So first, I printed some backing papers from the Wonderland CD Rom. I mounted them on to pale blue pearl card, and some rainbow miri card. I added some pale blue and white striped ribbon from the Fru Fru Blue Hawaii Pack, across the joining of the papers. I took two of the sentiments from the Wonderland stamps, and with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, I lightly stamped them over the backing papers. I then stamped two more images to make a little charm, the "Drink me" bottle and the Tarts. I found a cat charm and used a Pro Marker to colour him in to look like the Cheshire cat. I then stamped the rabbit on the card and then on some copy paper. I cut him out and used Letratac from Letraset to put one rabbit on top of other, then I stamped the mushrooms to make it look like a path (Not my idea! Nabbed from a fellow Polkadoodler). Then added some flowers and a swirl from miri card.





Helen: A few weeks ago, I found some great We R Memory Keepers scrapbook packs from a well known designer outlet for a fraction of the normal price.  Now it's not very often that I find a bargain, and these were just too good to pass by!!  So, I have taken the base paper and matching cardstock cake stickers from one of the packs to make this card.
I've added glitter glue to some of the flower centres, and made good use of a paper doily that I recycled from a trip to the coffee shop!






Jacqui H: This card was made by using a KanBan topper and sentiment layered onto Hunky Dory card. This was then in turn mounted onto a scalloped card blank. From a coffee drinker I don't think it's too bad.




Shelby: The fabulous Polkadoodles is sponsoring us this week!!  They have some gorgeous items in their shop so give 'em a gander!  Today for our marvelous tea party, I made up a tea gift wallet.  The teapot set is from the Stamping Boutique and the papers were from the Archiver's clearance section and the base from PTI.  I used my lovely copics to color up the tea pot, flowers, banner and the tea cups.  I also used some tonerex glitter on the dots to give a bit more shimmer and shine.  This particular wallet I made with just two envelopes to hold a gift card and a bag of tea, but a third envelope could be added.






*Please check out the rules on the side bar. Not to be entered in to more than 10 challenges and please link back to us! :) Thanks crafty peeps!*

****



No comments:

Post a Comment