Friday 1 July 2011

Week 4 Challenge - Speed

Hi all. Jacqui H here! It's my turn to set the challenge this week. And I have chosen

*SPEED*

I want to see your lovely creations with images such as motorbikes, cars, trains and planes. Anything that can pick up speed and give us a bit of an adrenaline rush!

****

I just want to announce our winners of last weeks *Handbags and Gladrags* challenge.

in order....

#2 Diane (On The Cards)
#6 Zoe Kirkby
#10 Sharon


Congratulations guys. Please contact Steph on PepperyApple@hotmail.co.uk for your prize details and badges.
****
Our sponsors this week are :


They will be generously be giving our winner and runner ups a digi prize from their store.
****
For inspiration, Our Design Team girls have been hard at work again and here are their creations!

Jacqui H: I just love minis, they are probably the funnest cars to drive ever in my opinion. So when I got the KanBan Haynes Manual sheets and the Papermania Vintage car stamp set this card had already made itself. All I added was a page out of an old road atlas for the backing sheet and Bob's you're Aunty! One A5 card ready to go!



Helen: I love red sports cars!  Sandy and I bought a little MG Midget once, and he went to pick it up from Liverpool and then drove it all the way home to our old house in Ross-on-Wye ... happy days :). 
For this card, I've used Teen Angst background paper and an embossed arrow from We R Memory Keepers, a sports car decoupage image from my stash, and a metal embellishment.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz





Jacqui: I used an image from our Fab sponsor Kenny K, love these images. I used cardstock from my stash and the checked dp is free with the current issue of Simply Homemade magazine. I also used a Martha Stewart Edge Punch, and coloured her with my trusty old Promarkers.



Steph: I used card from my own stash and attached polka dot paper to Rainbow Mirr board. Then I used the "Biker Chick" digi by our sponsor Kenny K,  coloured with Promarkers and mounted to Rainbow Mirr board. I wrapped ribbon round the backing card and tied to a neat bow. I added a little quote to Rainbow Mirr board to finish off.




Shelby:  I'm super excited to be joining the fantastic other DTs of Glitter Geeks:) I wanted to say the other Gleeks, but then someone might think I could sing and dance. I'm incredibly honored to have been invited and hopefully I don't disappoint. I was stoked that Kenny K was sponsoring this challenge. His images are fun and quite creative. I chose his Spy Chick digi to ink up with my copics though there are a lot of his images that would've worked wonderfully with this challenge! I used TCP Girlfriend Phrases paper which I thought fit the attitude of the spy chick, and I love the color combo of pink and black. Good luck and have fun.
 

 
Josie: This week I used a Kenny K digi! Kenny K's is the first ever digi's I bought. I always swore I would never go digi! And although I will never go away from rubber stamping, I have a new found love of digis. You must check them out, they are such fun images and great to colour! I used this image for a friend's little lad, and I coloured with pro markers. I used basic grey paper and took the colour inspiration from that. Then backed with lime green glitter paper and American crafts lime green chipboard letters!






*Please check out the rules on the side bar. Not to be entered in to more than 10 challenges and please link back to us! :) Thanks crafty peeps!*


****



3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love this challenge!! :0) Fabulous DT creations too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I'm your first two entries!! Hehe. I said I loved this challenge. Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this challenge. Keep up the great work, Glitter Geeks! Zo x

    ReplyDelete