Friday 5 August 2011

Week 9 - Furry & feathery friends

Happy Friday people and welcome to Glitter Geeks for this Fridays theme.
The lovely Helen has chosen this weeks theme which is

*FURRY AND FEATHERED FRIENDS*

That means anything furry and feathered, whether it be a bunny, a bird, a bear or anything that ties in with our theme, we wanna see them on your fab cards.

Last weeks winner's of our ROCK AND ROLL theme are as follows
#3 Annika
#2 JuelMarie
#4 Lydia

Congratulations guys.
Annika receive our smashing Blog Candy package and the runner ups will receive a badge to wear on their blog.
Please contact Steph at *Steph* to collect your fab goodies!

This weeks sponsor is the wonderful



Our winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend at Joanna's Online store.
****

Here are our lovely DT projects this week....

****

Helen: Hi there!  This week, I've chosen an image from my favourite House Mouse Designs from our fab sponsor, Joanna Sheen called Ice Cream.  The image is coloured using Aquamarkers, and cut out using a Spellbinders Nestie die.  The cake frosting and Martha Stewart butterfly trim are highlighted with Hunkydory Angel Whispers Diamond Sparkles from Cardcraft Plus.
The central cream handmade mulberry paper rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the two burgundy organza flowers are from MeiFlower.  The sentiment is from the Dreamy Days set from Lili of the Valley, and I have added some flourishes from a Sizzix sizzlit die set called Decorative Swirls across the bottom.  The cardstock is Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight, and the image is faux stitched using a Stampin Write marker, all from Stampin' Up!  Have fun with your creations! xx



For my Furry and Feathered I used 'Warren' from Craftwork Cards. I used Promarkers to colour and mounted him onto some silver card cut with nestibilities. The backing papers I used are by Pink Petticoat mounted onto deep red card which I also used for the scalloped border. I added mulberry flowers with candi middles and my own sentiment to finish.



Josie: This week I used one of my Joanna Sheen House Mouse Stamps. I coloured with pro markers, added some wink of stella on the rain drops and then some glossy accents.


Jacqui H: Meerkats! Who doesn't love them? Be honest! Well I love them and fell in love with the Hunky Dory kit that this was made from.



Shelby: Thanks for joining us again this week!  I picked the Just for You bear from Karen's Doodles to color up.  I paired this cutie up with Bo Bunny papers called Ambrosia.  Of course, he and the beautiful flowers were colored up with copics with a few stickles tossed in here and there.  Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see what ya'll create.


****
Please check the rules :)
If you're a winner, don't forget to claim your prize within two weeks!

****




1 comment: